How to make a spread
How to make a spread at home
Did you know that some Flora spreads are really easy to make at home? It’s because our core recipe is actually very simple – it’s mainly plant oils. Why not have a go yourself?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients of your spread
- 20g solid vegetable fat e.g. palm or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) vegetable oil (We use sunflower, linseed and rapeseed oil)
- A bowl of ice
- 10ml milk
- 1 medium egg yolk (2 teaspoons)
- Pinch of salt
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Melt the solid vegetable fat in a saucepan.
- Add the vegetable oil to the pan and gently combine.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and set it over the bowl of ice.
- Whisk the oils until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the milk and egg yolk and continue whisking until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- Add a little salt and lemon juice – now your homemade spread is ready to eat!
Keep your homemade spread fresh by popping it in the fridge and enjoying within a few days of making.