Easy cake decorating for kids
Who’s Annie Spratt?
Annie is a blogger, wife and mum of eight. She loves baking and blogs over at Mammasaurus, where she shares her latest family-friendly baking recipes and ideas.
Annie’s creative cake decorating ideas
Whatever your age the chances are you love cake, and whatever your age you can have fun decorating them. Here are a few simple ideas to quickly decorate cakes with your children.
This is the easiest party cake decoration ever, ideal for those times when you need to make a cake look good at short notice – and your child can help too. For the cake you see above I stacked 3 sponge cakes on top of each other.
You will need
- Ready to roll Icing
- Sweets to decorate – I chose: 1 tube of Smarties and 1 bag of 18 treat size mini-Smarties
- Jam, warmed up
- Brush the warmed jam around the outside of the cakes.
- Roll the ready to roll icing and wrap around the outside of the cakes, over the jam.
- Edge the circumference of the top of the cake with large sweets.
- Ask your little to fill the top of the cake with the remaining sweets.
Annie’s creative cake decorating ideas sponsored by Flora.