Simple chocolate owl cake
Who’s Annie Spratt?
Annie is a blogger, wife and mum of eight. She loves baking and blogs over at Mammasaurus, where she shares her latest family-friendly baking recipes and ideas.
Annie’s creative cake decorating ideas
Whatever your age the chances are you love cake, and whatever your age you can have fun decorating them. Here are a few simple ideas to quickly decorate cakes with your children.
A simple way to jazz up a chocolate sponge cake!
You will need
- A tub of ready make chocolate fudge icing (or you could make your own)
- 1 regular size packet of giant chocolate buttons
- Pack of 3 chocolate flakes
- Ready to roll icing – I used yellow but white would work just as well.
- Take your sponge cake and cover generously in the chocolate fudge icing.
- Cover the bottom half of the cake in chocolate buttons, this makes the owls tummy.
- Snap the flakes into thirds and arrange to each side of the cake for the wings.
- Cut the eyes and beak out of the ready to roll icing and stick down on the cake using a little jam.
Annie’s creative cake decorating ideas sponsored by Flora.