Easy autumn cupcakes
Becky is a blogger, wife and mum of two teenagers. She blogs over at English Mum where she talks about parenting, traveling and shares delicious recipes for mums and little ones.
Creating autumn cupcakes
Cupcakes are such fun to make and a great way to introduce kids to baking. Flora have a brilliant Family Fun Guide with a fabulous All-in-One Cupcake recipe that is so easy, and a perfect starting point to let your imagination go wild!
Autumn is the time for bonfire parties and toffee apples. These caramel apple cupcakes are the perfect treat to make for the whole family on a rainy day too!
You will need
- Easy-peasy cupcake mix
- 1 bramley apple, peeled and chopped (about 300g)
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 100g Flora Buttery
- 200g icing sugar
- 2tbsp of dulce de leche or caramel sauce
- Pop the apple chunks in a saucepan with the sugar and water. Bring to the boil then reduce to a medium heat, cover and leave to cook for about 5 minutes until apples are fluffy (leave a few chunks in for texture).
- Make the easy-peasy cupcake mixture, then stir in 3 tbsp of the cooled apple purée. Stir well and bake as normal.
- While the cakes cook, make a batch of buttercream by mixing 100g Flora Buttery with 200g icing sugar. Add in 2 tbsp of dulce de leche or caramel sauce and stir well. Swirl over the cupcakes and finish with an extra drizzle of sauce.
Becky’s ‘Seasonal Easy-Peasy Cupcakes’ sponsored by Flora.