Grow your own
Our Florasaurus isn’t quite as big as a real diplodocus – but it’s still too big for most homes! Not to worry though, growing your own mini Florasaurus is easy. Here’s how:
What you’ll need:
- Dinosaur stencil
- Cress seeds
- A Flora lid (or shallow dish)
- Cotton wool
- A little water
How to do it
- Print your dinosaur stencil here
- Get an adult to cut out the dinosaur shape from the centre
- Cover your Flora lid with cotton wool and dampen with water
- Place the stencil over the cotton wool
- Sprinkle your cress seeds onto the cotton wool inside the cut out dinosaur shape
- Wait a couple of days for the seeds to settle, then give them 5-7 more days to grow big and strong!
Make sure to keep an eye on your dino as it grows, and water it if needed.
Once your dinosaur is all green and grown up, we’d love to see a picture of your mini Florasaurus. Share your pics with us on Twitter, or Facebook using the hashtag #Florasaurus
Then, why not try a recipe using your cress, like an egg and cress sandwich, delicious cheese and cress muffins or even a fresh green salad. After all, it’s full of plant power goodness too.