These little cupcakes are packed with banana-y flavour and are super-easy to make. The secret is to mash a whole ripe banana right into the cake batter and beat well… then carry on as usual. Topped with a slightly fudgy buttercream icing (made with Flora) and your choice of dried banana chips or popping candy for extra fun, this banana cupcake recipe is simple but delicious.
- 115 g (4 oz) Flora Buttery
- 115 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, Medium
- 115 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 55 g (2 oz) Flora Buttery
- 225 g icing sugar sieved
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Banana chips or popping candy to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2–3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix icing ingredients together and then spread or pipe over the cakes. Decorate with banana chips or popping candy.