These little cupcakes are packed with banana-y flavour and are super-easy to make. The secret is to mash a whole ripe banana right into the cake batter and beat well… then carry on as usual. Topped with a slightly fudgy buttercream icing (made with Flora) and your choice of dried banana chips or popping candy for extra fun, this banana cupcake recipe is simple but delicious.
Sugar (g)35.4 g39.38%
Salt (mg)376.1 mg6.27%
Fat (g)1.0 g1.43%
Energy (kcal)837 kj
Saturated Fat (g)0.3 g1.54%
* % of Reference intake of average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- 115 g (4 oz) Flora Buttery
- 115 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs , Medium
- 115 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 ripe banana , mashed
- 55 g (2 oz) Flora Buttery
- 225 g icing sugar sieved
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Banana chips or popping candy to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2–3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix icing ingredients together and then spread or pipe over the cakes. Decorate with banana chips or popping candy.