Roasted Red Pepper Houmous
Yummy & Nutritious Roasted Red Pepper Houmous Recipe
Houmous is one of those simple snacks that’s cheap to make but still yummy and nutritious. And you can prepare some on the weekend ready for a week of tasty school lunches. There’s no tahini in this recipe making it kid-friendly – so why not try popping it into even the pickiest of lunchboxes?
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1 red pepper
- 400 g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 40 g Flora Buttery
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- a little sea salt and black pepper
- Place the red pepper under a hot grill and cook, turning frequently.
- Wait until the skin has blackened, then place the pepper in a polythene bag.
- When the pepper is cold, peel off the skin and deseed.
- Place in a food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend to a rough puree.
- Season to taste and spoon into a bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour so the flavours can develop into their full yumminess.