Tuna and Broccoli Quiche
Tasty Tuna & Broccoli Quiche Recipe
Looking for something packed with protein? How about this Tuna and Broccoli Quiche recipe? It’s easier to make than it sounds, so why not rustle it up on a Sunday afternoon ready for the week ahead. Or make it for dinner during the week, with leftovers for the next day.
To complete this tasty lunchbox, just add a Granola Bar plus cherry tomatoes and broccoli with a Red Pepper Houmous.
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- - Shortcrust Pastry:
- 175 g plain flour, sieved (or use half wholemeal flour)
- 85 g Flora Buttery Spread
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp water
- - Filling:
- 100 g broccoli florets, blanched in boiling water
- 200 g tinned tuna in spring water
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 150 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 55 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp capers (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C (170°C fan), gas mark 5.
- For pastry, place Flora Buttery and flour in a mixing bowl and rub together until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in water and mix to form a firm dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out to line a 20cm (8 inch) flan dish or tray. Bake blind* in pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- For the filling, mix all ingredients in a bowl, and then spoon into pastry case.
- Pop it back in the oven for 30 minutes until set.