Looking for something packed with protein? How about this Tuna and Broccoli Quiche recipe? It’s easier to make than it sounds, so why not rustle it up on a Sunday afternoon ready for the week ahead. Or make it for dinner during the week, with leftovers for the next day.
To complete this tasty lunchbox, just add a Granola Bar plus cherry tomatoes and broccoli with a Red Pepper Houmous.
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- - Shortcrust Pastry:
- 175 g plain flour, sieved (or use half wholemeal flour)
- 85 g Flora Buttery Spread
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp water
- - Filling:
- 100 g broccoli florets, blanched in boiling water
- 200 g tinned tuna in spring water
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 150 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 55 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp capers (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C (170°C fan), gas mark 5.
- For pastry, place Flora Buttery and flour in a mixing bowl and rub together until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in water and mix to form a firm dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out to line a 20cm (8 inch) flan dish or tray. Bake blind* in pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- For the filling, mix all ingredients in a bowl, and then spoon into pastry case.
- Pop it back in the oven for 30 minutes until set.