Savoury Cheese and Walnut Scones
Wondering how to make light and fluffy Cheese Scones? This easy Cheese Scone recipe with a nutty walnut hint should do the trick and delight the whole family!
- Recipe serves: 10
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 12 min
- 225 g self-raising flour, sieved with
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 55 g Flora Dairy Free Walnut
- 1 level teaspoon mustard powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 115 g finely grated cheddar cheese
- 7 tablespoons semi-skimmed milk or buttermilk
- Place all ingredients together in a mixing bowl except for 55g Cheddar cheese.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface and roll out to a thickness of 1.25cm (½ inch). Cut into rounds with a plain 5cm (2 inch) cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 220°C, 200°C fan, Gas mark 7 for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold spread with Flora Dairy Free Walnut.