Creamy and mild this Coconut Chicken Curry recipe by MyFussyEater will go down a treat with the whole family.
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 20 g flaked almonds
- 1 tsp Flora Dairy Free Coconut & Almond (15 g)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground fresh turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 500 g diced chicken breast
- 300 ml light coconut milk + 50 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 150 g fresh baby spinach
- Add the flaked almonds to a dry pan and cook for a couple of minutes until toasted and then remove and set aside.
- Add the Flora Coconut & Almond to the pan and melt over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and then cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Next add the spices and stir quickly until all the onions are coated in the spices. Add in the chicken pieces and fry for 3-4 minutes before adding the coconut milk. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Leave to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooked through remove a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid and place in a small jug or mug with the cornflour. Mix quickly with a fork until all the lumps have disappeared and then return to the pan, stirring well.
- Add the baby spinach and cook for another couple of minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with boiled rice and garnish with the toasted flaked almonds and some chopped fresh coriander.