Summer Fruit Clobber
Looking for the perfect dessert for a summer day? This Summer Fruit Cobbler by My Fussy Eater is absolutely perfect for this time of year. It's packed with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and peaches and topped with a delicious crumble topping. So tasty!
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 50 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- - For the filling -
- 500 g frozen mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blackcurrants)
- 240 g tinned peach in natural juice, quartered
- 50 ml peach juice (from the tin)
- 50 g walnuts, chopped in half or quarters
- juice of 1/2 orange
- caster sugar to taste
- - For the topping -
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 150 g Flora Dairy Free Walnut spread (make sure it’s cold from the fridge)
- 40 g rolled oats
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150 ml half fat crème fraîche to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven.
- Add the frozen berries and peach quarters to an oven dish. If the strawberries are quite large you might want to cut them in half. Add the peach juice, walnuts and orange juice and then sprinkle on the caster sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour to a large bowl. Remove the Flora Dairy Free Walnut spread from the fridge and cut into 6 or 8 squares in the tub then add to the bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour. It’s fine to still have some lumps.
- Add the oats, sugar and cinnamon and mix with a spoon.
- Form the mixture into approximately 9 clumps and place on top of the fruit in the oven dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cobbler is golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool a little and serve with creme fraiche.