Avocado & Mango tacos
Black Bean Avocado & Mango tacos
Looking for dinner inspiration? Try these Black Bean Avocado and Mango Tacos recipe by Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen. Easy to make and delicious! You will love it!
- Recipe serves: 5
- Prep Time 105 min
- Cook Time 105 min
- 180 g dried black beans
- 1 tbsp Flora dairy-free avocado spread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Juice of two limes
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 wholemeal tortilla wraps (or use gluten-free wraps if necessary) or taco shells
- - To serve -
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced into small cubes
- 1 ripe mango, sliced into small cubes
- Fresh ripe chilli or chilli flakes for extra heat
- Fresh coriander
- Optional - vegan sour cream or cheese sauce - 15 g per person
- Add the beans to a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat the simmer for 60-90 minutes until the beans are soft. Drain and rinse.
- Melt the Flora spread in another saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in the spices and garlic along with a splash of water to create a paste. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Add in the beans, lime juice and maple syrup. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Fill the tortillas/taco shells with the bean mixture, then top with avocado & mango cubes, fresh chilli or chilli flakes and fresh coriander. Enjoy!