Cheesy Tear and Share Bread
Nothing compares to fresh homemade bread. Enjoy baking this Cheesy Tear and Share bread recipe by Benjamina, perfect for any summer picnic or barbeque.
- Recipe serves: 12
- Prep Time 40 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- 400 g bread flour
- 5 g Instant Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 ml water, tepid
- 175 ml full-fat milk, lukewarm
- 100 g Flora Dairy Free Avocado & Lime Spread
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 120 g mozzarella, diced into small chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- Flakey sea salt
- handful chopped parsley
- Put the flour in a large bowl and add in the yeast and salt on opposite sides. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk and water. Stir and bring together to form a rough dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 8-10 minutes until soft and smooth. Incorporate 1 tbsp of the Flora Avocado and Lime spread, kneading until it’s fully incorporated.
- Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover and leave to rise for about an hour or until doubled in size.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining Flora Avocado & Lime spread, lime zest, pinch of salt and the crushed garlic. Set aside.
- Once risen, divide the dough into 12-15 equal balls. Flatten each one, brush with a little of the prepared spread and add in a chunk of mozzarella. Seal it up and roll it against the worktop to form a tight ball.
- Brush the base and sides of a 20cm spring form tin with a little more Flora Avocado & Lime spread and arrange the balls neatly inside. It’s fine if there are some gaps – this will close up once baked. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200C
- Cover with a damp tea towel and let it prove again until doubled in size. Brush with egg wash and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden.
- Once baked brush with any remaining spread, sprinkle with parsley and sea salt and serve warm.