Try this great flavour combination of honey and walnut in these simple and tempting Honey and Walnut Sandwich Biscuits by Benjamina. A treat for the whole family.
- Prep Time 45 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 120 g Flora Dairy Free Walnut Spread
- 80 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp orange blossom honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 320 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- - Filling -
- 150 g Flora Dairy Free Walnut Spread
- 200 g icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- pinch salt
- walnuts, crushed
- Beat together the Flora Walnut spread and sugar until smooth. Stir in the honey, vanilla and egg and beat until fully combined
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder and salt. Mix to make a stiff dough and bring it together with your hands. Wrap the dough in cling film and then let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190C.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll out the dough in between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of a pound coin.
- Cut out shapes with a round cookie cutter and place on a lined baking tray. Use the back of a piping nozzle or a smaller round cutter to stamp out holes from half of the biscuits. Chill again for 15 minutes and then bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are firm. Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the filling by beating together the Flora Walnut spread and icing sugar and pinch of salt until its smooth. Place it in the fridge until needed.
- Spoon the filling into a piping bag fitted with an open star nozzle or simply snip off the end. Pipe dots of icing on the base of each biscuit and sprinkle with crushed walnuts before topping with the other biscuit and dust with icing sugar. Enjoy!