Looking for an indulgent chocolate tart recipe? Try this easy chocolate tart recipe by Topless Baker, with a delicious pastry base, crushed walnuts and filled with silky chocolate ganache, a real treat!
- Prep Time 40 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- - Pastry -
- 225 g plain flour
- 100 g Flora Dairy Free Walnut
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 25 g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- - Filling -
- 250 g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 225 ml Elmlea Double cream
- 1 tsp Flora Dairy Free Walnut spread
- - To Serve -
- crushed walnuts
- 250 ml half fat,
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl add your plain flour. Take the Flora Walnut Spread straight from the fridge and add it in cubes to the bowl. Rub the mixture together between your fingers until it reaches a breadcrumb like texture. Stir through the sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Slowly add the water 1 Tbsp at a time, adding just enough until the pastry starts to clump together.
- Flatten the pastry into a disc, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out your dough until it is about the thickness of a pound coin. Lay it over a 24cm fluted tart tin and gently press the dough into the edges. Trim off the excess dough, then line the case with parchment paper and baking beans. Blind bake at 180C Fan (200C Non Fan Assisted) for 15m and then remove the beans, add a light egg wash, and bake for a further 5m. Once cooked allow to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, add the cream, chocolate and Flora Walnut Spread to a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30s intervals, stirring between each one, until everything has melted. If your ganache splits and becomes oily, simply whisk in a 1 tbsp of warm milk at a time, until it is smooth sand glossy again.
- Pour the ganache into the tart shell and spread it out evenly. To create the design, place the tart on a rotating cake stand. Starting from the middle and slowly moving outwards, use an offset spatula and gently create swirls as you rotate the cake stand.
- Allow the tart to set at room temperature or store in the fridge if you want to use the next day, bring to room temperature before serving.
- Once you are ready to serve, fold your sugar and vanilla through the cream until combined.
- Sprinkle crushed walnuts around the outside and serve a slice with a tablespoon of the vanilla cream on top.