Simple & Easy American Pancakes Recipe
These American pancakes are thick, fluffy and ready to stack high on a plate, just like in the movies! The difference from regular pancakes is that these bubble and rise a little in the pan – but they are still wonderfully simple to make. Serve them with Flora Buttery, syrup and fruit (or even crisp bacon for a special treat) for a deliciously easy breakfast recipe.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 5 min
- Cook Time 4 min
- 125 g (4.5 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Medium egg
- 250 ml (8fl oz) milk
- 2 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- In a medium mixing bowl sift all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the middle and set aside.
- In a separate bowl or jug, combine the wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir until just moistened. The mixture will be lumpy but that’s fine.
- Heat a frying pan and add a little Flora Cuisine. Once it's hot, drop ladles of the mix onto the pan. Once they are bubbly on the top and the edges appear dry (after about 2 minutes), it’s time to turn them.
- Cook for a further 2 mins. Serve immediately with a dollop of Flora Buttery and maple or golden syrup.