Thai Cheating Sticky Chilli Prawns
We love this simple recipe for Thai cheating sticky chilli prawns – it’s sweet, tangy, spicy… and of course, sticky. Coated with a sauce that includes diced red pepper, garlic, ginger, tomato ketchup and tabasco, you won’t be able to keep your fingers off these tasty prawns. Finish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice, and serve with rice or toasted pittas.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 8 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 1 Large onions, diced
- 1 Large red peppers, diced
- 1 Large clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5 cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 400 g raw peeled prawns (thawed if frozen)
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat the Flora Cuisine in a frying pan. Add in the onion and fry until softened. Add red pepper and fry, stirring for 2–3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and ginger and fry for a further 2–3 minutes.
- Add the prawns and fry, stirring, until they have just turned pink.
- Add tomato ketchup and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Add coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cook for 2–3 minutes, until the prawns are cooked and the sauce is sticky.
- Serve with either toasted pitta bread or rice.