Easy & Tasty Blueberry & Lemon Muffins Recipe
Muffins are almost always surprisingly easy to make and this recipe for blueberry and lemon ones is no different! Simple, delicious and full of fruity flavours, just mix up all the ingredients, including fresh or frozen blueberries and lemon zest. Pour into muffin cases to have a warm, sweet-smelling treat ready in no time. Great for a special breakfast or perhaps you’d like to brighten up teatime a little?
- Recipe serves: 12
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Buttery
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml (¼ pt) milk
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300 g (11oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g blueberries - fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/170°C/150°C fan/325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the Flora Buttery and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Mix in the milk, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined – don’t worry too much about lumps!
- Finally – throw in the blueberry and stir to distribute in the mix.
- Divide the mix among 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin (and sprinkle some Demerara on top if you wish).
- Bake in a preheated oven at gas mark 3, 170°C/150°C fan/325°F for 30 minutes.