Spiced Sea Bass with Crushed New Potatoes & Green Beans
This deliciously different white fish recipe is easy to prepare but ever so tasty – perfect for a light summertime dinner. Coat sea bass fillets with crushed fennel seeds, peppercorns, cardamom and coriander. Boil new potatoes and green beans then pan-fry the fish with some fresh lemon juice… crush the spuds then mix with Gold from Flora and you’re ready to serve spiced sea bass with crushed new potatoes and green beans.
- Recipe serves: 2
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 200 g new potatoes
- 120 g green beans
- 4 star anise
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 4 cardamom pods
- 0.5 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 30 g Gold from Flora
- juice of 0.5 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add in the new potatoes and boil for 15 minutes until tender, adding the green beans to the same pan after 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, using a pestle and mortar or electric grinder, finely grind together the star anise, fennel, peppercorns, cardamom and coriander. Spread the spice mixture out on a large plate.
- Season the sea bass fillets with salt and thoroughly coat the fillets in the spice mixture on both sides.
- In a large, non-stick frying pan heat 15g Gold from Flora. Add in the spiced sea bass fillets and fry for 3 minutes each side. Add in lemon juice.
- Using the back of a fork, lightly crush the cooked new potatoes, mix with remaining Gold from Flora and season with salt.
- Sprinkle the sea bass with parsley and serve with the crushed potatoes and green beans.