These easy oat-filled breakfast flapjacks are chock-full of fruit and nuts. This flapjack recipe combines golden syrup, dried cranberries, oats and banana with a medley of nuts plus sunflower and sesame seeds for added texture. But it’s so simple to make – just mix everything up, smooth into a baking tin and cut into delicious chewy wedges once it comes out of the oven.
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 85 g (3oz) mixed nuts e.g. walnuts, almonds, pecans, roughly chopped
- 200 g (7oz) rolled oats
- 85 g (3oz) self-raising flour
- 40 g (1½ oz) dried cranberries
- 70 g (2½ oz) unrefined demerara sugar
- 125 g (4oz) melted Flora Buttery
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 12.5 g (½ oz) sunflower seeds
- 12.5 g (½ oz) white sesame seeds
- Pre heat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas mark 4.
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in the Flora and syrup with the bananas and egg.
- Mix well and spoon into a greased shallow 22cm (9 inch) square tin. Smooth the surface and sprinkle with the seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked. Mark into 12 slices whilst still warm.