Everyone loves a good spag bol – and this is an easy but yummy recipe that includes mushrooms, carrots, celery, beef stock and Worcestershire sauce for extra flavour. The beef mince sauce needs a long, slow cooking to develop richness but that’s simple; you don’t need to worry about it while it’s bubbling away. Then just add your pasta and grated parmesan for the perfect spaghetti bolognaise.
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 60 min
- 1 tbsp Flora Cuisine or 15g Flora Buttery
- 1 carrot, very finely chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stick, optional, chopped
- 55 g (2oz) mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 350 g (12oz) lean beef mince
- ground black pepper
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp beef stock
- 225 g (8oz) spaghetti
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the Flora and sauté the onion, carrot and celery for 10 minutes without browning. Add the mushrooms and mince, and cook until evenly brown. Add remaining ingredients except spaghetti and cheese and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Cover and simmer gently for 1–1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in lightly salted boiling water for 12–15 minutes, then drain.
- Arrange spaghetti in a deep dish, pour meat sauce over and sprinkle with grated cheese.