Chicken Ham & Cheese Picnic Sandwich
Delicious Chicken, Ham & Cheese Picnic Sandwich Recipe
Although this is a delicious picnic sandwich don’t be fooled by its name – your kids will love it for their school lunches too. If you find the ciabatta loaf makes this meal too much for your little ones, simply replace with any other bread and it will be just as delicious.
To complete this tasty lunchbox, just add a Granola Bar and rice cakes, plus apples and red pepper.
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 5 min
- 1 ciabatta loaf (150 g)
- 50 g Flora Buttery
- 90 g cooked chicken slices (about 3 or 4 slices)
- 30 g pesto
- 160 g roasted red pepper from a jar, drained on kitchen paper
- 100 g ham (4 slices)
- 100 g cheese slices (4 slices), we used reduced fat Cheddar
- 100 g cucumber (about half a cucumber) peeled into strips, with the seeds discarded. Drained on kitchen paper
- 10 slices salami (50 g)
- 1 Medium tomato, sliced
- 75 g lettuce leaves
- Cut the loaf in half along the entire length and hollow out a little of the bread.
- Generously butter the inside of the loaf with Flora Buttery. This is important as it will act as a barrier and stop the loaf from going soggy from all the lovely ingredients.
- Start layering in the following order: Lettuce Chicken slices Pesto Peppers Ham Cheese Salami Tomatoes Cucumber Lettuce The top of the loaf
- Wrap tightly in cling film and then foil and place on a baking sheet or tray. Put another tray on top and add something heavy to weigh it down–books are good!
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve unwrap and cut into 6 thick slices.