Chicken Roast Dinner
Chicken roast dinner
Nothing beats a roast dinner for mealtime satisfaction and bringing the whole family to the table. This recipe makes a chicken roast dinner so easy – slathered with Gold from Flora, plus garlic, lemon and herbs, the roasting chicken drips its flavoursome juices onto a bed of layered potatoes while it cooks. It’s simple yet really special – just add your favourite veggies to complete the dish.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 105 min
- 450 g (1lb) potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 300 ml (½ pint) chicken stock
- 25 g Gold from Flora
- 1.6 kg (3½lb) chicken
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Layer the potatoes and onion in a shallow ovenproof dish, large enough to hold the chicken. Pour over the stock and dot with half the Flora.
- Mix together the remaining spread with the garlic, lemon rind and herbs, and carefully loosen the skin of the chicken over the breast. Spread the flavoured Flora inside the chicken skin.
- Quarter the lemon and place in the chicken cavity and then place the chicken on the potatoes.
- Cook in preheated oven 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6 for about 1 hour 45 minutes or until well cooked through.
- Serve without the chicken skin to reduce the fat content of the meal.