Roast Lamb with Garlic, Lemon & Rosemary
This recipe for roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary is easy yet utterly delish. It’s perfect for a gathering of friends or family. To ensure an extra taste sensation, it includes a simple stuffing made from Flora Buttery, breadcrumbs, onion, and celery, flavoured with lemon and rosemary. The stuffing goes into deep slashes along the leg of lamb joint before roasting as usual.
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 105 min
- 55 g (2oz) Flora Buttery
- 1 Small onion , finely chopped
- 1 celery stick , finely chopped
- 85 g (3oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1.8 kg (4lb) leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 bulbs garlic , halved crossways
- rosemary sprigs , to garnish
- Melt 25g (1oz) Flora in a pan, add the onion and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in the breadcrumbs, lemon rind, lemon juice, seasoning and chopped rosemary.
- With a sharp knife, make several deep slashes and press in the stuffing. Weigh the joint.
- Melt the remaining Flora and brush over the lamb.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 190°C, 170°C fan, gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes per 450g (1lb) plus 20 minutes extra. Baste the lamb several times during cooking and add the garlic for the final 30 minutes cooking.
- Leave the cooked lamb to rest (covered) for about 15 minutes before carving (remember to trim off all visible fat). Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.