Pork & Mushroom Stroganoff
If you fancy something rich, tasty and a little sophisticated, this stroganoff recipe should hit the spot – and yet it’s still pretty easy to prepare. This pork and mushroom stroganoff starts with browned pork fillet and adds fried onion, mushrooms and sage. White wine, wholegrain mustard and light cream cheese all layer on the flavour, finished with pepper and paprika. Serve with steamed brown rice for an extra nutty element.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 225 g brown rice
- 2 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 450 g pork tenderloin fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 225 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 5 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 120 g low fat cream cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkling of paprika, for garnish
- sage leaves,fried in Flora Cuisine until crisp, for garnish
- Cook the brown rice according to packet instructions.
- Ten minutes after the rice has started cooking, heat the Flora Cuisine in a large frying pan. Add in the pork in two batches. Fry each batch for 3–5 minutes over a high heat, browning on all sides. Remove the browned pork and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, fry onion, mushrooms and sage for 3–5 minutes until they begin to brown. Add in wine, mustard and cream cheese and stir well until all the cheese has been mixed in.
- Return the pork to the pan, coating it well in the sauce. Cook for 3–5 minutes until heated through, season with black pepper, garnish with paprika and fried sage leaves and serve with the brown rice.