If you’re looking for a delicious, substantial dish for a family meal or a dinner party, you can’t go wrong with a tasty lamb tagine. This recipe’s easy to follow: toss the lamb in Middle Eastern spices, brown it in a casserole dish, and add characteristic dried fruit – apricots, sultanas and flaked almonds. After adding stock, tomatoes and some fresh herbs, the only other ingredient is time – let it sit in the oven till dinner.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 90 min
- 450 g lean diced lamb
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tsp paprika
- 0.5- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 1 Large onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 55 g dried apricots
- 25 g sultanas or raisins
- 25 g toasted flaked almonds
- 2 tsp honey
- 570 ml lamb stock
- 2 x 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped ,to garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped , to garnish
- Preheat oven to gas mark 3/170°C/150°C fan/325°F.
- Toss the lamb with black pepper, paprika, cinnamon and turmeric, coating evenly.
- Heat Flora Cuisine in a casserole dish, add in onion and garlic and fry until softened.
- Add spiced lamb and fry until the meat is browned, around 5 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, mix well and bring to the boil. Cover and transfer to the oven and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes. Garnish with the fresh coriander and parsley and serve with rice.