Light but lovely and warming, this recipe for minestrone soup is pretty easy to make but turns out great every time. The clear simple beef stock is full of flavour from celery, bacon, carrots, onion and garlic, all browned in sunny Flora. Plus tomatoes, haricot beans and shredded cabbage all play their part too. And not forgetting some pasta shapes, for the authentic minestrone experience!
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 25 g (1oz) Flora Buttery or 2 tbsps Flora Cuisine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 back bacon rashers, diced
- 2 Medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 l (1¾ pints) beef stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 55 g (2oz) Small pasta shapes
- 85 g (3oz) green cabbage
- 400 g tinned haricot beans, drained
- Heat the Flora in a large saucepan and fry the onion, garlic, celery and bacon for 5 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta, remaining vegetables and haricot beans and simmer for 15 minutes until pasta is tender.