These crunchy peanut butter cupcakes are quick, easy and delicious. Perfect for teatime, tasty treats or even surprise guests dropping by! Just beat the ingredients together (not forgetting the vital one – crunchy peanut butter), divide into cases and pop in the oven for less than half an hour. A simple peanut butter and Flora buttercream icing, dusted with cocoa or drizzled with chocolate, is the perfect topping.
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Buttery
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs Medium
- 115 g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 55 g (2oz) Flora Buttery
- 225 g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter plus a little milk
- cocoa powder or a little melted plain chocolate, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2–3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix icing ingredients together and place a spoonful onto each cake. Dust lightly with cocoa or drizzle with melted chocolate.