Strawberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes
These gorgeous cupcakes have chopped strawberries and melted white chocolate stirred right into the mix – delicious. But like all cupcakes, this recipe is still quick and easy to turn out, taking just 20 minutes to bake in the oven. Perfect for unexpected guests during the strawberry season! A simple Flora Buttery and chocolate buttercream icing is the finishing touch, along with dark chocolate-dipped strawberries sitting on top.
- Recipe serves: 10
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Buttery
- 115 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs Medium
- 115 g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 55 g (2oz) white chocolate, melted
- 115 g (4oz) strawberries
- 55 g (2oz) Flora Buttery
- 225 g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tbsp milk
- 25 g (1oz) white chocolate or dark chocolate
- 55 g (2oz) dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients but with only 50g chopped strawberries in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2–3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix icing ingredients together and spread over the cakes. Decorate by dipping remaining strawberries in the melted chocolate and place on cupcakes.