Fish & Leek Pie
A simple and delicious fish and leek pie recipe with a slightly different touch – it’s topped with a mix of white potato and sweet potato mashed together. Packed with flaky white fish, prawns, leeks and sweetcorn, all enveloped in a creamy white sauce with an extra shot of sunny goodness* thanks to a dollop of Flora Cuisine or Flora Buttery. It’s an easy recipe that the whole family will love.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 60 min
- -Potato topping-
- 675 g (1½lb) potato and sweet potato, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- ground black pepper
- 40 g (1½oz) Flora Buttery or 3 tbsps Flora Cuisine
- 40 g (1½oz) flour
- 425 ml (¾pint) semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Zest of ½ lemon, optional
- 450 g (1lb) white fish fillets, skinned and cubed
- 115 g (4oz) cooked and peeled prawns
- 1 leek, thinly sliced and blanched in boiling water
- 85 g (3oz) sweetcorn kernals
- Preheat oven to 200°C, 180°C fan oven, gas mark 6.
- Boil potatoes in large pan for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, place the Flora, flour and milk in a saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to the boil over a moderate heat until thickened and smooth. Add parsley, pepper and lemon zest if using.
- Arrange fish, prawns, leek and sweetcorn in a greased ovenproof dish and pour over sauce.
- Drain potatoes and mash until there are no lumps. Beat in milk and season. Spoon over fish and smooth top. Bake for 45 minutes until cooked through.