Lemon Butterfly Cupcakes
Give the classic cupcake a tasty makeover with a generous dollop of lemon curd. It’ll enhance the flavour of your cake mix and make the cream filling even more delicious. They’re perfect for school fêtes, bake sales or just an afternoon treat! Just remember to dust them with a light sprinkle of icing sugar for extra brownie points.
- Recipe serves: 12
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Buttery
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 115 g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 55 g (2oz) Flora Buttery
- 225 g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tablespoon lemon curd plus a little milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2 – 3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessert spoons of the mixture in 10-12 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Cut a slice off the top of each cake and cut in half to make 2 wings. Mix icing ingredients together and place a teaspoon into each cake with a little lemon curd. Push the wings into the icing and sieve over a little icing sugar if liked.