Crispy Chocolate Refrigerator Cakes
This crispy classic is real chocolatey treat. They don’t need baking either, so they’re ready in a jiffy. We’ve suggested adding cherries and almonds to the chocolate mixture in our recipe, but why not experiment with raisins and marshmallows too. You could even try making white chocolate crispy cakes – the possibilities are endless!
- Recipe serves: 16
- Prep Time 15 min
- 150 g (5oz) plain chocolate
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Buttery
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- 115 g (4oz) rice cereal
- 55 g (2oz) glace cherries, chopped
- 55 g (2oz) toasted flaked almonds
- milk chocolate and plain chocolate, to decorate
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water (alternatively, microwave on medium power, stirring occasionally). Add the Flora, golden syrup and cream and stir until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and cool slightly before stirring in the cereal, cherries and almonds.
- Spoon into a greased and lined 20cm (8 inch) square tin. Smooth the top and chill for at least 1 hour until set.
- Turn out of the tin and cut into bars, squares or triangles.
- To decorate, melt the milk and plain chocolate in individual bowls over a pan of hot water (or in the microwave) and drizzle over the cakes.