With only a handful of ingredients, these yummy Easter cupcakes are an absolute tweet (treat!) to make. The yummy coconut sprinkles make them all fluffy and cute on the outside, while Flora Buttery makes them all fluffy and delicious on the inside. Perfect for Easter parties, cake sales, or simply with a nice cup of tea.
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- - Cupcake -
- 115 g (4 oz) Flora Buttery
- 115 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 115 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- - Icing -
- 55 g (2 oz) Flora Buttery
- 225 g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tablespoon lemon curd plus a little milk
- 25 g (1 oz) desiccated coconut
- yellow food colouring
- Chocolate drops and orange jelly sweets, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2 – 3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10-12 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix icing ingredients together, add a little yellow colouring and spread or pipe over the cakes. Mix a little yellow colouring to the coconut and sprinkle over the top. Use chocolate drops as eyes and orange sweets for the nose and feet.