Quick and easy to make, this classic pasta dish gives you lots of flavour without any fuss. All you need to do is mix the Ham, cream and Parmesan cheese thoroughly through the pasta so that every mouthful is as delicious as the next. Serve with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan, parsley and ground black pepper.
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 225 g (8oz) spaghetti
- 3 tbsp Flora Buttery
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 115 g (4oz) lean ham, chopped
- 100 ml Elmlea Double
- 25 g (1oz) grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan to serve
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions, drain well (keeping 100 ml of the pasta water). Add 1 tablespoon of Flora Buttery and set aside.
- Melt remaining Flora Buttery in a large frying pan. Add shallot and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes until the shallot starts to soften but does not brown. Add garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add chopped ham, Elmlea and Parmesan and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly until heated through. Add Parmesan and mix well.
- Add spaghetti and 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley and mix through.
- Serve immediately with remaining chopped parsley and remaining Parmesan cheese.