This Mexican meal takes a little longer to prepare, so why not get out of the kitchen and round the dinner table more quickly by getting everyone to build their own burritos. Once everything’s cooked, just pop all the ingredients in the middle and let friends and family help themselves.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 75 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 whole dried chilli
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of ground pepper
- 3 skinless chicken breast fillets, cubed (330 g)
- 2 tbsp Flora Buttery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tinned red kidney beans (300 g), rinsed and drained
- basmati rice, cooked according to packet directions
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 60 g (2oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 173 g (6oz) sour cream
- guacamole (optional)
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, stir in the chicken, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Melt Flora Buttery in large saucepan. Add onion and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until onion starts to soften but doesn’t brown. Stir in chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat until chicken is cooked through. Add kidney beans and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the rice, coriander and lime juice and remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas and lay out flat. Sprinkle shredded lettuce evenly across 4 tortillas. Add the chicken and rice and top with grated cheese and sour cream.
- Fold the bottom edge of each tortilla over the filling, tuck in the sides and roll up tightly. Cut each in half and serve with guacamole if desired.