Chicken stew is a truly heart-warming dish. Up the comfort factor even more and serve with a generous helping of Flora Buttery mashed potato and green beans. And, as it freezes really well, why not make double the amount in one go and save half for a super quick and easy meal on another day.
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 65 min
- 2 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1.5 litre chicken broth
- 1 large potato, finely grated
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (500 g)
- 2 carrots halved lengthways and cut into chunks
- 100 g (3.5oz) swede, peeled and cut into medium size cubes
- 1 large parsnip, halved lengthways and cut in chunks
- 2 leeks, well washed and thickly sliced
- 100 g (3.5oz) savoy cabbage, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat Flora Cuisine in large saucepan. Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until onions soften but do not brown. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes on medium heat. Add the chicken broth, grated potato and herbs. Bring to the boil then simmer on low heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining Flora Cuisine in a large frying pan. Add the chicken thighs and cook on medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side to brown the meat.
- Add the chicken thighs to the stock. Add the carrots, parsnip, leeks and swede. Bring to the boil, then simmer on low heat with pan covered for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is tender.
- Add savoy cabbage and chopped parsley, simmer for another 5 minutes and serve.