Filling, full of fresh vegetables and ready in just 30 minutes – this flavoursome French classic is perfect for making sure your family is well fed without having to spend hours in the kitchen. Top with ripped basil leaves and serve with chunks of crusty bread. Or enjoy it with a baked potato and a simple green leaf salad.
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 42 g Flora Buttery (3 tbsp)
- 2 large aubergines, cut into large chunks
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- leaves from 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Flora Buttery in a large frying pan. Add the aubergines and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat, turning once, until they are softened and starting to brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of Flora Buttery to the same pan and heat. Add the courgettes and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, turning once, until they are softened and starting to brown. Remove from the pan and side aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of Flora Buttery to the pan. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly until they are softened and starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the sherry vinegar and the tomatoes and half of the basil leaves, torn. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring well until the tomatoes break up.
- Return all vegetables to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes on medium heat, adding the remaining basil in the last minute of cooking and a few drops of water if required.