Ham and Houmous Bagel
Protein-Rich Ham & Houmous Bagel Recipe
Your little ones will love trying this unusual combination. By adding a protein-rich twist you can add some excitement to their lunchbox. And by making your own houmous you’ll have some left over to enjoy a tasty snack during the week.
To complete this tasty lunchbox, just add some Apricot and Raisin Flapjacks, strawberries and celery.
- Recipe serves: 1
- Prep Time 25 min
- - Houmous -
- 400 g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 40 g Flora Buttery
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- a little sea salt and black pepper
- - Bagel -
- 15 g Flora Light
- 1 tbsp of houmous
- 1 tbsp of Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
- 1 seeded bagel or 2 granary deli rolls
- 40 g wafer-thin-lean ham slices
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 2 1/2 cm cucumber, sliced
- small handful of Frisee lettuce
- Throw the houmous ingredients into a food processor and blend to a rough puree.
- Season to taste and spoon into a bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour so the flavours can develop into their full yumminess.
- Spread the Flora over the seeded bagel.
- Top with the ham, houmous and remaining ingredients, and enjoy.