Orange and Almond Upside Down Pudding
This upside down cake is so delicious and easy to make even the little ones can help out. Plus, with juicy oranges, crunchy almonds and sticky sponge, you won’t have any problems finding people to share it with. And the best bit of all? Because the top (or should that be bottom?) looks so good, you won’t have to fuss with any icing.
- Prep Time 60 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Cuisine or Flora Buttery
- 125 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 g (3½oz) self-raising flour, sieved
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 orange, sliced
- 25 g (1oz) blanched almonds
- Place all sponge ingredients (omit baking powder if using Buttery) in a mixing bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon for 2–3 minutes until well mixed.
- Grease and bottom line a 20cm (8 inch) sandwich tin. Pour golden syrup in tin and arrange orange slices in it. Scatter with almonds.
- Spread pudding mixture evenly on top and bake in preheated oven 160°C, 150°C fan, gas mark 3 for 50–60 minutes.
- Turn out and serve hot or cold.