Dairy Free Shortcrust Pastry- Rubbing-in Method
This Dairy Free Shortcrust Pastry recipe with Flora Freedom uses the rubbing in method to create a perfect base for your desserts.
- Makes 12
- Prep Time 15 min
- 225 g plain flour
- 115 g Flora Freedom, straight from the fridge
- 2 tablespoons water (30 ml)
- Pre-heat oven to fairly hot 200°C, 180°C fan, Gas mark 6.
- Sieve flour into bowl and add Flora. Rub Flora into the flour with fingertips until mixture resembles fine, even breadcrumbs. Measure water with a standard measuring spoon and add to rubbed-in mixture.
- Mix with round-bladed knife until dough begins to come together. Gather together with fingertips to form a rough dough, leaving sides of bowl clean.
- Knead lightly with fingertips on a lightly-floured surface to form a firm smooth silky dough. Place in a cool place to 'relax'.
- Roll out on a lightly-floured surface with short, even, forward strokes to size and thickness required.