Classic Dairy-Free Carrot Cake
Classic Dairy-Free Carrot Cake Recipe
Whether it’s a proper tea party or just a cuppa with a friend, this classic-dairy free Carrot Cake is a must at any teatime. Covered in a luscious icing and topped with pecan halves, you’ll probably have another cup of tea just to have another slice!
- Makes 12
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- 150 g Flora Freedom
- 200 g light soft brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 200 g self raising flour sieved together with
- 2 tsp baking powder and
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 175 g carrots, grated
- 220 g tinned pineapple rings, drained to give 140 g pineapple, finely chopped
- 75 g pecans, roughly chopped
- 200 g dairy-free cream cheese
- (violife creamy original – dairy/lactose/soya/gluten free & vegan)
- 2 - 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g icing sugar
- pecan halves for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Place the cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well until thoroughly combined.
- Divide mixture between two greased and bottom lined 20cm sandwich tins and bake on middle shelf of preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until well risen and a skewer inserted in the centre of each cake comes out clean.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing by beating together the icing ingredients, except the pecan halves, until well mixed.
- When the cakes are completely cold, sandwich together with half of the icing and spread the remaining icing over the top of the cake. Decorate with reserved pecan halves.