Chocolate Orange and Polenta Cake
Delicious Dairy-Free Chocolate, Orange and Polenta Cake Recipe
There’s no better way to finish a family dinner than with this decadent and indulgent Chocolate Orange and Polenta Cake, which is drizzled with orange syrup – and dairy-free. Best way to serve? Warm with a generous dollop of rich vanilla ice cream.
- Recipe serves: 12
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 75 min
- 250 g Flora Freedom
- 250 g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 150 g polenta
- 150 g plain flour, sieved together with
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 oranges, grated rind plus
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 100 ml orange juice
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C, 140°C fan, Gas mark 3.
- Place all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Spoon into a greased and bottom lined 23cm round cake tin and bake in preheated oven for 1-1/4 hours until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.
- Whilst the cake is cooking, make the orange syrup by heating together the orange juice and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the orange syrup over the top of the cake.
- Delicious served warm with a good quality vanilla ice cream.