Lemon Cupcakes with Passion Fruit Cream
Zingy Dairy-Free Lemon Cupcakes with Passion Fruit-Cream Recipe
If you’re a zingy, citrus kind of Mum, then these Lemon Cupcakes with Passion Fruit Cream are made for you. The sweet and light flavours contrast with the passion fruit perfectly. They’ll be a hit with your kids too!
- Recipe serves: 12
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 12 min
- 110 g Flora Freedom
- 110 g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 110 g self raising flour, sieved together with
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice
- 75 g Flora Freedom
- 225 g icing sugar
- 1 passion fruit
- Preheat oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Place all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl with the lemon rind and 1 dessertspoon of lemon juice. Beat together for 2-3 minutes until well mixed.
- Divide the mixture between 12 paper cases in a cupcake tin and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile to make the icing beat together Flora Freedom and icing sugar with the pulp from the passion fruit until well mixed.
- Spoon into a piping bag with a large star nozzle, and when the cakes are cold decorate with swirls of passion fruit icing.