- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- 1 1/2 cups canned full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Flora™ Plant-Based Unsalted Brick
- 3 tablespoons matcha powder (plus additional for rolling)
- 340 grams good quality non dairy dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch coarse salt
|Energy (kcal)||63 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||265 kJ|
|Protein (g)||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||5.3 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||3.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||4.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.4 g|
|Fat (g)||4.3 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||1.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||8 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.02 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||25 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||7 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.81 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||59 mg|
- In small saucepan, heat coconut milk, maple syrup and Flora™ Plant-Based Unsalted Brick until just about to come to a boil.
- Remove 1/2 cup milk mixture and whisk in matcha powder until smooth. Stir matcha mixture back into coconut milk mixture.
- Add chocolate to saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Stir gently until smooth. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Transfer mixture to bowl. Refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Test mixture by inserting a knife into the center of the bowl. If it comes out mostly clean, it’s ready to scoop. If not, continue to refrigerate until firm.
- Place additional matcha powder in small bowl or dish. Using a tablespoon-sized scoop scoop out small balls, then use your hands to gently but quickly roll the chocolate into balls.
- Roll balls in matcha powder and shake off excess; Set on a parchment paper. Chill until ready to serve.