Apple Pie in a Jar
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- 4 cups peeled Granny Smith apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Flora™ Plant Butter Salted, melted
- vegan caramel sauce
- vegan vanilla ice cream
|Energy (kcal)||402 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1682 kJ|
|Protein (g)||5.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||70.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||65.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||48.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.2 g|
|Fat (g)||13.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||11.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||7.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||33 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.08 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||47 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||7.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||49 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.49 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||250 mg|
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Let mixture sit for 20 minutes to allow apples to release juices.
- Mix chopped pecan halves, granulated sugar, all purpose flour, and oats together.
- Slowly pour melted plant butter into the bowl and stir until all ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place 6 8oz. mason jars onto a baking sheet.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of Pecan Streusel into each mason jar. Then, add the Apple Filling to jars, followed by another spoonful of Pecan Streusel.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until apple filling is bubbling.