Butternut Squash Risotto
The beauty of this recipe is that it doesn't require stirring, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- 5 tablespoons Flora™ Plant Butter Unsalted, divided
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup peeled butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 cups hot vegetable stock, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Violife Just Like Parmesan
- 1 bunch sage
- 2/3 cup Flora™ Plant Butter Unsalted
|Energy (kcal)||219 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||916 kJ|
|Protein (g)||4.1 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||48.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||44.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||3.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.8 g|
|Fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||855 mg|
|Salt (g)||2.14 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||2332 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||6.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||85 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.54 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||178 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, Melt 2 tablespoons Flora™ Plant Butter Unsalted in Dutch oven or in a large sauté pan with a lid. Sauté shallots and garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Do not brown.
- Add Arborio rice, butternut squash cubes, and 4 cups of hot vegetable stock to pot. Cover pot with tight fitting lid and transfer to the hot oven. Cook for 35 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the Arborio rice is al dente.
- Remove pot from the oven and stir in remaining 3 tablespoons plant butter, 1 cup vegetable stock, grated Violife Just Like Parmesan cheese. Mix for about 2-3 minutes, until risotto is creamy.
- Garnish risotto with fried sage.
- Melt plant butter Unsalted in small saucepan over medium heat until butter begins to bubble. Reduce heat to medium low and add sage leaves in batches. Do not overcrowd. Fry the leaves about 1 to 2 minute until color deepens and leaves are crispy.
- Remove leaves to paper towel and repeat with remaining sage leaves.