Chai Spice Pear Galette
This recipe makes two 5'' galettes.
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
Flora™ Pie Crust
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons Flora™ Plant Butter Salted, cubed and kept cold - plus extra for assembly
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 2 tablespoons Flora™ Plant Butter Salted
- 3 medium-sized pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chai spice
- juice from 1 lemon
|Energy (kcal)||256 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1072 kJ|
|Protein (g)||4.8 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||57.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||52.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||19.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.1 g|
|Fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||4 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.01 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||32 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||11.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||26 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.81 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||212 mg|
Flora™ Pie Crust
- Place the flour in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the plant butter and pulse several times until a coarse crumble forms.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour ice water into the feed tube until the coarse crumbles begin to form into dough.
- Turn off machine and dump the dough onto a floured countertop and gently knead together into a ball. Cut dough ball into 2 pieces and shape each piece into a disc. Wrap discs in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Unwrap 1 piece of chilled dough and roll on lightly floured surface. Roll from the center to the edge, forming a 9'' circle that is roughly 1/8'' thick. Repeat this process with the other piece of dough. Refrigerate rolled dough until ready to assemble the galettes.
- In a large skillet, melt plant butter. Add pears and sauté for a few minutes until they are tender but not mushy..
- Add light brown sugar, all-purpose flour, vanilla extract, chai spice, and lemon juice to the skillet and stir all ingredients together. Remove from heat and allow to cool before assembling galette.
Baking and Assembly Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pile half of the pear filling on top of one pie crust, leaving a 2'' border. Fold the edge of the crust over pear filling, Brush the dough with melted plant butter. Repeat this process with the other piece of pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. The galette is ready when the crust starts to brown and the filling is bubbling.
We love using Spice Tree Organic's Chai Confection spice blend in this recipe.