Chocolate and Blood Orange Toffee Bark
Dark chocolate, orange zest, buttery caramel, and crispy crackers make this bark an irresistible treat.
- Preparation time
- 20 saltine crackers
- 1 cup Flora™ Plant Butter Unsalted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup loosely packed blood orange zest
|Energy (kcal)||41 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||172 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||9.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||9.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.3 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.1 g|
|Fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||33 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.08 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||5 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||7 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.21 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||18 mg|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9''x13'' baking sheet with sides or a cake pan with parchment paper, followed by a single layer of saltine crackers. Set pan aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt plant butter and whisk in brown sugar. When the brown sugar dissolves, boil the mixture for 3 minutes. Immediately pour into cake pan, and spread to completely cover crackers.
- Carefully transfer cake pan to oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top of caramel. Let the pan sit sit for about 5 minutes. Smooth melted chocolate chips from corner to corner.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts and orange zest on top.