Flaming Hot Cauliflower Wings
- Preparation time
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1 cup spicy vegan chips
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or oat milk
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons Flora™ Plant Butter Salted, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
|Energy (kcal)||150 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||629 kJ|
|Protein (g)||1.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||17.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||15.3 g|
|Sugar (g)||13.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.6 g|
|Fat (g)||8.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||6.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||4.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.6 g|
|Trans fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||332 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.83 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||381 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||39.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||23 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.36 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||257 mg|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Break cauliflower into 1/2 to 1-inch florets.
- Crush chips by putting into a ziploc bag and pounding with a rolling pin. Alternatively, chips can be crushed used a food processor. You want the chips to breakdown into very small crumbs.
- Prepare the batter by mixing crushed chips and non-daiy milk in a bowl.
- Toss cauliflower florets in batter and spread evenly onto two baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While cauliflower is roasting, prepare glaze by whisking all ingredients together.
- After 20 minutes, remove baking sheets from the oven. Brush cauliflower florets with glaze.
- Return baking sheets to oven and bake for 20 more minutes.